Advanced search for your legacy application16:15 - 17:15 Conférence Salle Casoar Tadorne
How do you mix SQL and NoSQL worlds without starting a messy revolution?
This live coding talk will show you how to add Elasticsearch to your legacy application without changing all your current development habits. Your application will have suddenly have advanced search features, all without the need to write complex SQL code!
David will start from a Spring, Hibernate and HSQLDB based application and will add a complete integration of Elasticsearch, all live from the stage during his presentation.
Topics covered during the live coding demo include:
- Why should we add NoSQL search?
- How to represent business entities in NoSQL documents?
- How to live without transactions inside a transactional application?
- Spring factories for Elasticsearch
- Bad practices and how to cure them with best practices