eXo Social, an OpenSocial implementation10:45 - 11:45 Conférence Salle Chanchardon
eXo Social, an OpenSocial implementation, is a new Extended Service of eXo Platform. Going beyond the idea of simply creating an enterprise social network, eXo Social allows developers to add social features, like activity streams, to existing applications, and create gadgets to display and mashup social data.
The presentation will also include a live demonstration of the Developer Dashboard, a real-life use case scenario that allows the eXo engineering team to see project development activity as it happens. Tugdual will show how activity streams were added to Jira, Hudson and Sonar, and how the development and integration tasks and code quality information are now displayed in gadgets in a single dashboard view.
Through the presentation and demo, attendees will learn:
- How to write and deploy gadgets
- How to invoke OpenSocial APIs from a gadget
- How to go beyond activity streams for individual users, and actually build them for applications
- How to mashup activity streams into reusable gadgets
- How to add gadgets to group collaboration spaces to create team dashboards